Looking back on the Canon Pro1: One heck of a camera!

Started Jun 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,064Gear list
Like?
Looking back on the Canon Pro1: One heck of a camera!
Jun 20, 2013

I've just re-edited some photographs from the old Canon PowerShot Pro1 which I took whilst on vacation in Canada and Hawaii. Handheld, taken in JPEG and edited this week, they were taken whilst I was there in 2004, the same year I bought the Pro1. I think I used to use a Monopod with this camera because it really didn't handle high ISO very well and it had no Image Stabilizer.
I'm not going to lament the discontinuation of this camera since the G1X is by far a shoe-in for the Pro1 successor. But in daylight, or on a tripod in low light, this older model camera was capable of gorgeous results.

Gonna miss you! Some lucky Ebayer did well when I sold my Pro1 in 2010. I am more than pleased with the results coming from the G1X these days so it's a bearable loss. The tiny LCD screen on the Pro1 and the uselessness of images taken at over 200 ISO will not be remembered fondly. Anyone else miss their Pro1? What are you using now if you've shelved or sold yours?

Turquoise Waves on Waikiki Beach, Hawaii - (CP used)

Bison Meats - at Smokey Lake, Alberta, Canada - (CP used)

First Sunset on Waikiki Beach, Hawaii - (CP used)

Catamaran on the Sand, Waikiki Beach, Hawaii - (CP used)

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow