Started Jun 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nycfonephreak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,085Gear list
Like?
A couple of snaps from this week - G1X/G15/SX50
Jun 20, 2013

I have to say that I'm not getting the same kind of results with my SX50 that others are getting, especially at the long end of the zoom, and I'm wondering if it's motion blur. It's not as evident in these photos but there are many others that are unusable because of noise in the details (like bricks, air-conditioner grills on buildings, etc.). I'm going to try to do some testing this weekend using a tripod to see if it's motion blur or not.

I will post some examples over the weekend and maybe you can help me figure out what I''m doing wrong with the SX50.

Meanwhile, here are a couple of recent snaps, including 2 SX50 at fairly long zooms that are better than what I normally see in my SX50.

G1X is still my all-time favorite camera, followed by G15. But I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong using the SX50.

SX50 - Lower East Side roofscape. Lower East Side / East Village, Manhattan

SX50 - Newly landmarked Bialystoker Home for the Aged (now abandoned but saved from the wrecker's ball). Lower East Side, Manhattan

G15 - from a slowly moving taxi -- the AT&T Long Distance Building, Border of Tribeca/Soho, Manhattan

G1X - "Blue" condo seen between the  twin steeples of St. Mary's Church. Lower East Side, Manhattan

SX50 - The new 1 World Trade Center seen from Hudson River Park. West Village, Manhattan

nycfonephreak's gear list:nycfonephreak's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS +5 more
Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow