LF1 Vs Other : LX7, S110, RX100

Started Jun 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,621Gear list
Like?
Re: LF1 Vs Other : LX7, S110, RX100
In reply to Robert Anderson, Jun 20, 2013

Robert Anderson wrote:

Look at the studio shots at imaging-resource. The paint brush and proportional scale on the right side and the crayons and fabric on the left really show the difference between the LX7 and LF1 in edge sharpness.

I don't trust that type of studio shots, they are too vulnerable to field curvature and small changes in focus, and not representative of real life shots at larger focus distance (landscape / architecture style). Some lenses perform well in such studio shots at 1-3m distance, others perform better near infinity (which is more important to me).

I looked at several real-life shots from LF1 in online reviews that were taken with (almost) infinity focus, and corner/border sharpness of the LF1 looks fine there even at f/2.8. Could be that LX7 is even better in the corners, but there are no controlled comparisons available.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow