LR Catalog Refresh

Started Jun 19, 2013 | Questions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,554Gear list
Like?
There is the easy way, the pain in the ass way and the real PITA way
In reply to rfactor, Jun 20, 2013

1. The easy way is to restore your pre-purge backup and do it all again within Lightroom, so that Lightroom knows what has been moved and what has been deleted.

2. If the deleted images are still in your trash there is a way that is a bit of a PITA.

• First you select all the files that have the ? icon
  • Add the keyword "missing" (or some other unique keyword) to all these missing images
  • Go to the trash and restore the deleted images.
  • Return to Lightroom Library module and filter the images by keyword "missing"
  • The ? will have vanished from the now restored files but will still be there for the moved files.
  • Select all the restored files, which no longer have the ? icon, and delete them from within Lightroom.
  • The remaining files with the ? icon are the ones you moved. You will need to locate them manually I'm afraid.

3. If you cleared the trash you are SOL. Your only option (I know of) is to restore a backup or manually locate each one and work out if it was moved or deleted. Real PITA.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-
f/2.8 is a smaller number than f/22 in the same way that 100 is a smaller number than 20.
I am learning photo graphee - see the results at www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow