LR Catalog Refresh

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: LR Catalog Refresh
In reply to Barry Margolius, 10 months ago

Barry Margolius wrote:

Unless I misunderstand your problem, it's quite easy. In Lightroom, highlight your primary image folder, and then right click on it (I'm a Windows user, but I'm sure there's a Mac equivalent), and select "Synchronize Folder".

There will be a delay, and then a dialog box will come up telling you how many images it plans to remove from the catalog, and giving you additional options.

But if you moved some, that's a whole different story.  Apparently you didnt' read the part where you delete files and move files WITHIN Lightroom, not outside it.  It is quite easy because you can see what you are deleting and then it is gone (to the recycle bin on Windows) and no cleanup necdessary.  But that's for next time...

Or you could take your back (you do have one, right?) and start over with this cleanup project.

-- hide signature --

Judy

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow