Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Placation101
Regular MemberPosts: 439
Like?
Do I tell my friend they suck?
10 months ago

So I know this guy has a Canon 60d decently outfitted. He posts pictures all the time. To me, they suck. Mental checklist of issues on the regular:

Poor focus, bad noise, straight on in the headlights flash, white balance, shooting at 45 degrees to be artsy (when its not), overexposed, underexposed, composition imo that just is trying to be different but doesn't work, slow shutter blur, color issues, and really poor post processing.

I mean I swear it is like if you look at a beginner tutorial and there is a "good" picture that you will learn to take instead of the "bad" one you would have taken before reading the tutorial, his is the bad.

I'm not that close really to this guy a mild friend, a facebook friend if you will. Add to it, his mindset is he is all INTO PHOTOGRAPHY, hes the photographer of his group of friends, and he has been at photography awhile. I do get annoyed because he goes some cool places and has great things to photograph.

I think he could benefit from a frank discussion, but I'm not really sure how to tell him or if to tell him. Its hard to tell him because how can you take it but, not only do you not have the skills, but since you proudly post the pics, you have either have no ability to judge photography or no abilty to evaluate yourself; at least thats my fear. Maybe I should just let him be happy thinking I have a nice a camera, im damn good with it, and take amazing pictures.

Thoughts?

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow