Started Jun 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,741Gear list
Like?
Who uses P&Ss as serious gear?
Jun 19, 2013

Basically, I'm wondering if many are reducing their gear of choice to much smaller pocketable cameras or maybe bridge cams(as a largest option)?  Who walks out the door on a serious photo op trip and grabs a P&S (even a top notch, top rated one)  instead of the camera bag full of DSLR gear?  And on a regular bases?  Another way to express this.......who is done with the photo gear "accumulation syndrome" in favor of the much simpler life of a smaller and simpler camera?

I'm starting to have those feelings.  And, other than for one or maybe two situations, I think I could do it.  On a recent trip to the American Southwest I did take and use a lot of DSLR gear, but always backed it up by taking shots with my P&S(and it is a quality P&S).  There's NO difference in quality for the (up to) 11X14 prints made from the trip.  And tripping around with the smaller gear was such a pleasure for me(and my wife); both of us are 70 now.

I care about the quality of my photography, but am beginning to not get so obsessed about gear....at least not as much as I used to be.

Are others feeling this way?  Or considering this in the near future?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow