Polarizing filter for which lens?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Re: Easy: whichever lens you use the most.
In reply to Paul De Bra, 10 months ago
 If you are buying just one you should get one for the lens you use the most. Alternatively you can buy one that fits the largest lens and use step up rings to mount the polariser on other lenses.

My most often used lenses are the 40-150mm and the Sigma 30mm. (I also have the 14mm which has the same thread as the Sigma, and the 14-42mm, which is used less often.)

I have two choices to make:

1. Get a 58mm filter and a 46mm->58mm step-up, or two filters?

2. Which brand? The B + W and the Sigma filters are priced similarly, a notch above the Hoya and twice the price of Tiffen.

Opinions most welcome!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow