Nikon 70-200 f4 Aftermarket Tripod Collar

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
mmalkin15
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
Re: Nikon 70-200 f4 Aftermarket Tripod Collar
In reply to David A. Hamments, Jun 19, 2013

I bought the Nikon collar when I purchased the lens and it is excellent.  Once you have it the money will seem well spent although it should be less expensive.

I believe that the collar will definitely reduce the efects of camera vibration - and for my work the ability to switch between landscape and portrait format quickly is important.

If you are not sure the collar will significantly reduce vibration effects in your own work secure a laser pointer to the body of the lens , aim it at a wall about 10 feet away, photograph and watch the laser dot while you trip the shutter with and without a tripod collar.  i expect there will be a noticeable difference in the movement that you will see.  Have a look at the photos to see if there is a difference in the sharpness of the laser dot image due to movement.  This also is useful for evaluating tripods and tripod heads, camera bodies, and the effect of different shutter speeds as to their vibration characteristics .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow