LF1 Vs Other : LX7, S110, RX100

Started Jun 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,995Gear list
Like?
Re: LF1 Vs Other : LX7, S110, RX100
In reply to Lumixdude, Jun 19, 2013

Lumixdude wrote:

Complete and utter rubbish 90% of the claims are false. All of these are false on the first link

LX7:

• Has WiFi (Who cares?)

While you may get some satisfaction dissing a feature you don't need/use, some people actually do care and find these features useful. I for one wish my FZ200 had the WiFi control capability some of their newer cameras have, allowing full control (including remote viewfinder) from a SmartPhone or iPod. For now I get by with a wireless remote, but it would be nice to see what's in the frame and make adjustments from afar.

GPS is also often dissed, but also has its purposes - enough so that there are applications to marry camera and GPS data for geopositioning photos from cameras that don't natively include GPS positioning.

I could make a similar statement about the LX7's Multi Aspect Ratio sensor, but others do care.  Branding a feature you don't need/use with a "Who cares?" lends a bit of bias (and thus skepticism) to your post.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow