Skin colour in 24MP DX cameras

Started Jun 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
jhorse
Senior MemberPosts: 2,229Gear list
Like?
Re: Skin colour in 24MP DX cameras
In reply to deVista, Jun 19, 2013

Hi,

With the Nikon Picture Controls (PC), which I use in a D300s and D5100, not only can you tweak them to suit in camera so that JPEGs can look as you want them to look, but so too will RAW images when using View NX and Capture NX2, but in the case of RAW with the advantage you can take them back to base. You can also create your own version of a standard Picture Control (they supply Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Landscape, Portrait and Monochrome) and load it back into the camera. So in this case you can mimic a D90 image you like using a side by side comparison in Capture NX2, set up a PC accordingly and transfer it to the camera, rename it and then use it; all very convenient and easy to use. I used to shoot RAW only and process all those images I wanted to keep, but it became too time consuming. Now I shoot RAW and JPEG with PCs set up as I want them and I need to process only about 25% of my images, but this needs Capture NX2 that respects the parameters set. Try it.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow