Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevedigiphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 271Gear list
Like?
Lightroom reporting corrupted files
10 months ago

I store all my original photos on an external drive and now Lightroom reports some of them as being damaged or unreadable. If I find the individual files then they are not damaged and open OK in Photoshop. Ive tried rebuilding the Lightroom catalogue and also tried to copy the files from the drive to another drive but always get an error. Can anyone recommend a programme that will scan the drive and repair or quarantine any damaged files so that I can copy the rest off to another drive and format the original drive to start again. I do have a full backup but don't want to just format the originals just in case the backup then gets corrupted or fails. Any help appreciated.

External drive is a Drobo and drobo software reports no problem with the drive, am running a Mac Pro with 14gb Ram and 2 x 2.66 Dual core.

-- hide signature --

D800E/D7100/16-35VR/24-70/70-200VRII/80-400VRAFS/Sigma 35f1.4/50f1.4g/105mmf2.8G/TC14EII/TC20EIII/SB910

stevedigiphoto's gear list:stevedigiphoto's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D800E Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow