Nikon D5100 vs. D5200

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
cmvsm
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,717Gear list
Like?
Re: Nonsense
In reply to Shunda77, Jun 19, 2013

Shunda77 wrote:

Your film camera reference was a classic straw man argument.

My reference to the canon models was a much more relevant to the discussion.

Let's go to school. A straw man argument is a misrepresentation of another's position. Comprendo? I represent your sarcasm to the letter..

Are you serious? did you comprehend what I actually wrote?

Yes I did, but you are too blunt to recognize sarcasm yourself...

Most likely? you don't sound so convinced on the $200 investment all of a sudden.

Yes, most likely. Gear can only take a photographer so far, as there is skill involved as well. You should know first hand with all of the blurry images you said you get with your D5100. As I said before, its not the camera....

Don't be silly, put the straw man away

Again, look up the term straw man...

Are you Joking?

You could get a fast prime, and that combined with the D5100 would give far more capability than a marketing gimmick on your D5200.

You simply will not get more keepers with the D5200 than the D5100, you are grossly over stating (purchase justifying?) the case! It is just not that significant.

You failed to quantify your statement. Not surprising. So a $200 fast 35mm prime is going to assist with sports photography, where the AF module is most relevant? I guess if I need a fast telephoto, that $200 is not going to help me much over the kit zoom right? Think McFly think...

What was that you said about the D4 again?

You still didn't answer the question, but nice try....

So what? while you are messing around with your crappy kit lens "manipulating focus points" the D5100 and the 35mm f1.8 will be producing far superior sharper images at lower ISO.

Far superior images? Guess you haven't looked at the scoring between the two. The new sensor is far more capable, especially in terms of resolving detail, large print sizes and cropping capability.

You don't get it, talk about completely missing the point I was making!

You were making a point?

Enjoy the delusion and processing shadow banding.

Banding? The D5200 and D7100 don't share sensors. Guess you missed that as well.  Again, not surprising...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow