Long question for old timers

Started Jun 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tomasg71
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Re: Long question for old timers
In reply to CFynn, Jun 19, 2013

I have three advice: 1) Practice 2)Practice 3) Practice

Seriously, i have 24 MF lenses, i use the green Dot and a normal viewfinder. My experience when using the Dot is that it stays on for a certain amount of travel of the focusing ring, it has a certain range when the Dot is on. With no exceptions, i get the best results when i put the focus to the closer focusing distance of this range. By closer i mean the closer distance from the subject. Try it yourself, first focus to one extreme of that range, just before the Dot starts to blink into an arrow, then take the same picture on the other side of the range, use a tripod for this experiment, i think you ll see that the sharper one is the one with the closer focusing distance. What is interesting and important is that this way the image is sharper even if you put the focus in the middle of the range. Non Nikon MF lenses have a very long range when the Dot is on, it s even more evident with them. I hope you get something out of all this, sorry for my poor English.

Tomas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow