D7100 LED Question

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Kruvi
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 LED Question
In reply to orchidnut, 10 months ago

Haven't seen any definite comments yet, probably since it hasn't been out for that long and I also haven't seen many(any?) action shots with it.
I've had it for little over a month now with 3000+ pictures taken, looking at the calender then the first chance to properly put it to the test is mid July (motorcycle hillclimbing, so lots of sharp things and dust flying around), however other than the screen smudging quite easily I haven't managed to produce any marks on it and I've already by accident "hastily" placed it on top of a M42 bayonet ring which has quite sharp edges - fortunately nothing happened, so it has to be stronger glass than regular or I was just lucky.

If it was gorilla glass I think it would have been advertised as such, but maybe it's something else or the protector was left out for another reason. I hated using the plastic cover on the D300, but couldn't take it off either, because I had the opportunity to use it and going with anything less felt like unnecessary risk. Here I don't really have a choice so I have to be fine with it. I wish the invented fingerprint proof glass though.

Kruvi's gear list:Kruvi's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow