Samsung gets it right - look here, Oly!

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
wayfarers
Regular MemberPosts: 211
Like?
Re: Maybe Samsung should better stick to what they best
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, Jun 19, 2013

While I tend to agree with your impression at the same time it reminds me what I read years ago in a UK photographic magazine: what?! a photographic camera with a small screen? What is it supposed to be: a serious tool for making photos, or a failed attempt to sell an ugly, miniature television set?!

Like it or not all cameras are almost completely electronics (lenses less so)... so, why not control them with touch screens? Some will like this specific implementation, some will hate it, but the thinking behind it appears to be right: mobile phones lost similar battle long time ago.

So, do I like it? No, but I see more and more of it coming. And soon.

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

Maybe Samsung should better stick to what they best — copying smartphone and tablet designs from those who know how to innovate and design them well.

Because when Samsung starts to "innovate", God help us all — we get mutants like this.

This is not a phone, nor a DSLR — just worst of both.

A mushroom shaped Android device you must use through the touch screen and away from our nose.

Can you play Minecraft on it at least? And can a lens be used as a signal boosting antenna?

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ugh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow