Repair on knocked-up 24-120 f/4?

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Michael Siemon
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
Re: Repair on knocked-up 24-120 f/4?
In reply to FMPhoto, Jun 19, 2013

FMPhoto wrote:

It is so funny you ask this question. I JUST TODAY got my 24-120 F4 VR returned to me from Nikon Melville! It had been sitting in my office as a paperweight for the last year since a straight line wind gust blew it, my tripod and D800 over and sent it crashing to the concrete. It was a catastrophic blow and I actually considered trading what was left in for parts and taking the hit. The entire zooming mechanism fell apart and I had metal shards everywhere and I just assumed it was totaled. On a whim, I sent it in to Nikon just to find out how much and even if it could be fixed. Keep in mind the zoom mechanism detached from the lens and broke apart. After shipping and a Repair class S (and I didn't lie to them explaining how it broke either), I got the lens back today and both in appearance and functionality, I cannot distinguish it from new. Total out the door was 358.00

Thanks to Gabbro's post, I did go to the Nikon USA website, and found the appropriate links to request repair. They quote $328 + shipping -- so essentially, the same as you were charged. I'll be sending mine in tomorrow (to the LA facility). This makes me feel a _lot_ better! Glad to hear that your experience was good!

-- hide signature --

Michael L. Siemon

Michael Siemon's gear list:Michael Siemon's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow