Nikon D5100 vs. D5200

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shunda77
Senior MemberPosts: 1,675Gear list
Like?
Re: Nonsense
In reply to cmvsm, Jun 19, 2013

cmvsm wrote:

Straw man? You previously said "You gotta wonder how Canon users have coped for so long with an even lower spec AF than the D5100." You are either ignorant to your own comment, or have no idea what a straw man argument is, as I reflected your position perfectly based on your sarcastic commentary.

Your film camera reference was a classic straw man argument.

My reference to the canon models was a much more relevant to the discussion.

Gee, I guess all my D5100 shots must be blurry and out of focus then.

They're not.

I refuse to comment on your skill set, as I haven't seen your images. If you are getting blurry images with your D5100, its not the camera's fault.

Are you serious? did you comprehend what I actually wrote?

Just know that going in. That said, a 39 point AF will most likely give you more 'keepers' than an 11 point, especially in active situations.

Most likely? you don't sound so convinced on the $200 investment all of a sudden.

Or I could use your logic and just say that the D5100 is just as capable as a D4 from that perspective, and save myself thousands.

Don't be silly, put the straw away.

Oh yeah. I forgot. $200 more gets you SO much more of a lens than what one might have started with. Again, I'll take the more capable body that will possibly increase my keepers than making an insignificant upgrade in glass.

Are you Joking?

You could get a fast prime, and that combined with the D5100 would give far more capability than a marketing gimmick on your D5200.

You simply will not get more keepers with the D5200 than the D5100, you are grossly over stating (purchase justifying?) the case! It is just not that significant.

The fact of the matter is that the D5200 lacks other features that you really need to get the most out of the 39 point AF system anyway.

Really? Like what?

What was that you said about the D4 again?

In reference to the commentary that you conveniently skipped over, when I manually manipulate focus points, the D5200 is miles ahead of the D5100/D90 in terms of selection and versatility.

So what? while you are messing around with your crappy kit lens "manipulating focus points" the D5100 and the 35mm f1.8 will be producing far superior sharper images at lower ISO.

You don't get it, talk about completely missing the point I was making!

It's nice to not have to lock and recompose as much as I used to. Try it sometime instead of speaking out of your hind parts...

Pot met kettle.

Enjoy the delusion and processing shadow banding.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow