Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,132Gear list
Like?
Re: Use a CCD based camera for portraits
In reply to Deleted-pending, Jun 19, 2013

FTH wrote:

RobCMad wrote:

rkumar wrote:

So if you have different shades of white, brown, asian, and black skin tones in the picture, do you get one right and others wrong?

If you don't get colors right at the moment of capture - you have lost a lot of information forever.

But surely that would only happen if you got the exposure wrong - blew a channel or underexposed beyond the useful range of the sensor. If the exposure is correct then skin tones are a matter of rendering, no?

like the Nikon D60, D200, D80 or D40X - they will provide perfect skin tones right out of the box. CMOS based sensors suffer from color shift depending on the light sources and if the light sources are mixed, it becomes a nightmare.

What I am finding (I used to shoot with a CCD kodak sensor olympus) is this D7000 is very sensitive to light reflected onto the subject off nearby objects. I shot this women standing on a green lawn and any of her skin not directly in the overcast daylight falling on her had a green tint to it. It was not pretty! I never noticed this problem with my CCD sensor camera.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow