Started Jun 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Norman B
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?
Re: G15 saturation & skin color
In reply to EmmeBi, Jun 19, 2013

EmmeBi wrote:

Hi

I found that most of the times the "i-Contrast" function makes skin tones very orangey and oversaturated. Extremely unpleasant.

So, just try to switch this function OFF, and you will have the fabulous Canon skin colors back!

Best regards,

Emmebu

Thanks for the 'I-Contrast reminder. I think we sometimes forget to use the in camera tools that are available for whatever reason. I have used I- Contrast at times. Sometimes it works quite well and not at all other times. It is interesting you mention the orange tinge in relation to skin tones. I have noticed that tinge but never associated it to skin tones. I supposed it would show up more in a portrait type picture as opposed to a general shot of people in a scene. Another factor in that situation could be buildings or other objects that have colors close to what could be called skin tone.

There is always Plan B if worse comes to worse regarding skin tone and that one moment in time that cannot be replaced....a B & W conversion. B & W is just forgiving for a hobbyist like myself.

I

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow