Samsung 85mm f/1.4 on sale at Amazon.

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,151Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung 85mm f/1.4 on sale at Amazon.
In reply to psperl, Jun 19, 2013

psperl wrote:

viking79 wrote:

A note to psperl, set your camera to have DMF enabled (direct manual focus) and set the focus aid to the one you want, zoom in and/or focus peaking, and when you tweak the focus ring you can get critical focus where you want really easily.

Eric

Wow this lens is serious. The front lens is massive and you can get lost staring directly into it.

I can't enable DMF. Any idea as to why? I've upgraded the lens and body to the newest firmware. I am shooting in one of the PASM modes with selection AF, focus peaking, and no MF Assist Zoom. The manual doesn't say why DMF would be grayed out.

Okay, this is normal, I think it is because that lens doesn't need it since the focus ring is manually coupled (not focus by wire like most NX lenses), I couldn't remember if it was greyed out for DMF.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but 15 minutes of flipping settings and I can't get it.

Sorry, I led you down that path.  I think you can still set the manual focus assist of either zooming in or focus peaking or both.  If you have it set to zoom in it should automatically zoom in when you turn the focus ring.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow