ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
APTSmith
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
DSLR Substitute
Jun 18, 2013

Dear All,

Firstly, hello! After I lost access to my old account ( http://www.dpreview.com/members/2088209292 ) when the email address associated with it died, I made a new account and then posted nothing. For three years. The forums look quite different these days, I must say.

I have come back for some advice: I love using my D300, but it is a bit bulky and can't be taken everywhere, especially not with a decent lens on it. I have had an IXUS 220 HS since they came out and have enjoyed the wide angle and the fact that it is very small, very light and has what I consider to be good battery life. The downside? No RAW, no remote, no AEB, limited manual control, image quality is borderline acceptable and so on.

I have a G11, but I have stopped using it because the lens is too slow and not wide enough.

My searching keeps bringing me to the S110, but that touch screen seems like it'll be more annoying than anything else.

With the IXUS 220 HS as the template, besides the S110 is there another camera anyone would recommend as a DSLR substitute?

Thanks!

Regards,

AptSmith

APTSmith's gear list:APTSmith's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +1 more
Canon ELPH 300 HS (IXUS 220 HS) Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S110 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow