I just bought a SX50, but I keep getting a busy message?

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kings1
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
I just bought a SX50, but I keep getting a busy message?
Jun 18, 2013

I just purchased a Canon SX 50 3 days ago to have the long zoom ability and it seems quite an advantage to my Sony NEX and A55 in the long range pictures. Sure I know it's not a DSLR/SLT, but it's pretty good a long ranges and I didn't want to buy a very expensive telephoto for my  SLT A55.

The problem isn't as simple as the memory cards because I tried three different brands all class 6 and 10. That is the first I checked to make sure it wasn't the card. All my cards function well in the NEX , the SLT I own.

Here is what the camera does: It gives mea busy message after I use the view finder to take picture when I try switch to the LCD display. This problem can only be fixed by power cycling the camera off and then back on. Without the power cycling the display stays black and the camera will not take any pictures either, so has anyone else experienced this issue or perhaps something similar?

I'm beginning to wonder if I bought a brand new defective camera and if I should exchange it?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow