Samsung gets it right - look here, Oly!

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,065Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Samsung? Panny showed it already.
In reply to PAUL TILL, Jun 18, 2013

PAUL TILL wrote:

MichaelKJ wrote:

Winston Loo wrote:

NZ Scott wrote:

Jorginho wrote:

I found this Samsung rather ugly btw. Olyw as very right in carving out a niche with their retro style. Add a grip and you're oke.

Add a grip and you're $300 poorer.

Who cares if the Samsung is ugly?

It's surprising how many people in this thread value form over function.

S

-- hide signature --

Gee. millions in the world flock to i devices by apple because of FORM and FUNCTION. The E-M5 has both. The Samsung is terribly ugly and so what if it has a gorgeous 4" screen. No buttons for fast navigation. imagine the tons of fingerprints that will attract etc. Sorry.. i vote form over function any day.

I assume you aren't serious. Would you, for example, prefer a 2MP camera that you thought had better "form" than the E-M5?

You're taking it to an extreme, with the same sensor what would you prefer? EXACTLY.

Taking things to an extreme is useful for pointing out logical fallacies.

Asking which camera I would prefer with the same sensor is eliminating one aspect of function. It also suggests that you do, in fact, prefer at least one aspect of function (sensor quality) over form. If we take this to its logical extreme and eliminate all functional differences, you are simply asking if form matters at all to me.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ugh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow