Samsung gets it right - look here, Oly!

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Olymore
Senior MemberPosts: 1,160
Like?
Re: Samsung gets it right - look here, Oly!
In reply to NZ Scott, Jun 18, 2013

If you're Mr or Mrs average consumer and you walk into a camera shop would you buy this over an Olympus ?
It's not about ergonomics or features it's about desireability. Do you really want a piece of moulded plastic over the nicely crafted EP-5 with it's milled dials .

I know that we care about these things but for the 'average consumer' a camera is a luxury purchase and if you can make a camera feel/look special they will want to buy it.

The  car industry has been doing this for years as has much of the Hi Fi industry  (Volkswagen/Audi and Bang & Olufson for example) and the Swiss watch industry is built on it

An automatic Omega watch is less reliable than a cheap casio digital and will have less features (alarms, stopwatches, countdown timers etc) but which is the more desirable object ?

I know in reality there's not an 'average consumer' and we all have different wants, needs and budgets but I think Oly is trying to develop a range of cameras that are good but also have that X factor. Whether that 'X' factor appeals to you...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ugh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow