Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
timyarb
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Purchasing opinion
Jun 18, 2013

OK first off I know what i am going to ask is a little odd as the bodies are out of date but...

I currently have a D40 that i use. I am looking to do a slight upgrade, I cant go spending $400-$500 on a new rig right now. I like the results I get with my D40 but I think I want a slightly larger pixel count and amusingly enough a larger camera body (those little compact DSLR's are too small for my hands)

I have no need to shoot video and would like to really try and save some cash for better glass in the future. Would upgrading to a D80 be worthwhile as I know you can get a very good condition on for less than $250 (I can swing that)

Or would it be worthwhile to really save my pennies and go for a D90 or D5100 as you can seem to getthem for around $400 (but it would take me a couple of months to get it)

I have no need to shoot video with the camera and as a matter of fact I am not really sure that I ever would as I think the wear and tear on the camera would be bad with the video.

Just looking for opinions on if that would be a worthwhile upgrade or not.

timyarb's gear list:timyarb's gear list
Nikon D300
Nikon D40 Nikon D5100 Nikon D80 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow