Starting fine art printing with Epson Stylus Pro 7890.. or 9890

Started May 14, 2013 | Questions thread
MJ Marciniak
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: Starting fine art printing with Epson Stylus Pro 7890.. or 9890
In reply to faith_ps, Jun 18, 2013

Greetings, I will give you my insight on doing this. I worked for 4 years at the Phoenix Art Group, printing Giclees. Printed on canvas and Hannahmule fine art papers. If you could message me, I know the "secrets" to doing the finishing on both media's. I would recommend a Roland 540 if I recall, large format printer. The thing was a literal energizer bunny, just kept going and going. After 1.5 years of non stop printing, the tech just wanted to check it (he was fixing an older, slower roland) and was blown away when he got the printhead reading, had never seen one with that much use, and fully would of expected it to blow itself up months ago. I would NEVER use an Epson printer for fine art reproduction after seeing firsthand the reliability of the Rolands.

Color management is a critical issue here also. I have extensive experience creating ICC profiles, and from canvas, fine art paper, and even now, profiles from printing on t-shirts (DTG printing-direct to garment). You will need to make custom profiles for your specific media. Canned profiles (the ones supplied by manufacturers) always fall short in quality. Profile YOUR machine to YOUR media, and you will have eliminated one big headache.

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow