Lenses: Did they get it right??

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899Gear list
Like?
Re: No, they did not.
In reply to wayfarers, Jun 18, 2013

wayfarers wrote:

I agree with you. This is, obviously, my opinion, but it does not appear to be that uncommon:

"Zeiss made a series of Touit lenses that are close to useless for the X- system. Neither the 12mm nor the 32mm lens seem to be able better their Fuji counterparts. They are just more expensive. The 50/2,8 makro seems to be the stranges one. Who needs such a lens when Fuji already has a very sharp 60/2,4 macro?" From: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51649553

Zeiss appears to be desperately looking for new ways to expand into the market which was never of any interest to them: I do not remember Zeiss ever making prime lenses with plastic external finish and no depth of field scale. What next: a PlayStation photo attachment? Oh well, times are changing...

The general perception on this forum seems to be that it's all sweet and the overlaps were caused by the main focus being on the NEX system. I essentially agree with that perception but understanding why does not change the offerings for the Fuji system much.

Thought it would have been a nice opportunity for ZEISS to be part of a new quality (!) system.

At least for the time being nothing in it for me this time round ... still not too convinced I should just  be a happy camper.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow