Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jmagbita
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Fuji X-E1 vs Canon 6d with 24-105 L
Jun 18, 2013

Hi all.. recently I purchased the Fuji X-E1 along with all of the available Fuji lenses..

I've been happy with the IQ of  the still images I've taken with the X-E1, but as for pictures of people doing things, I've been rather disappointed.  Same goes for pictures taken in dimly lit "party" type settings..

As such, I'm considering getting the Canon ff 6d.

Prior to purchasing the X-E1 I was using the Canon 60d.  I was happy with the camera but hated the size and the weight of carrying the camera along with several lenses, especially when traveling in Europe and Asia..

I've sold my 60d and now am having a hard time deciding whether or not to keep the X-E1 or going ff with the Canon 6d and 24-105 L lens..

I know the trade off is weight and size, but if I want the best IQ in all types of situations, is my only option to go to the 6d?  I shoot everything from landscapes, to portraits, to party type settings..

If I do go with the 6d, I'll probably just stick with the 24-105 L for a while and maybe add the 16-35L or 17-40L and the 35 1.4 L.

Anyone else have the same experience? Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow