Nikon DSLR pricing in India

Started Jun 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
kamalpr
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: Nikon DSLR pricing in India
In reply to tommiejeep, Jun 18, 2013

tommiejeep wrote:

It is the same gear.  Nikon India is much more reasonably priced now than a couple of years

I think there is more to it than just pricing their product a bit reasonably. Its more akin to dumping.

ago.  I am planning on buying a D7100.  My wife is in the UK at the moment but the D7100 (ex-Vat) is slightly more expensive than the Indian price and I get the Nikon 2 year warranty .

They would have to reduce list price by 30-40% to give the same price as outside unless they are avoiding paying duty. Note that duty is collected by Indian govt regardless of whether I ship to India via amazon.com or Nikon India ships from Nikon Japan (or wherever they source it from).

The US is always a better price but remember the warranty.   One thing we never see are the rebates

Most of my gear has been purchase from my very well known London dealer but recently have purchased my gear, including lenses, in India .

london or eu is expensive because they too have heavy duties. US taxation esp online is different than that in EU.

thanks

-kamal

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Anticipate the Light and wing it when you get it wrong
Tom
http://taja.smugmug.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow