What's a good beginner's camera?

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Questions thread
Limilicious
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: Pulling more stuff out of nowhere for consideration.
In reply to peevee1, Jun 18, 2013

peevee1 wrote:

If you like to things for many years (as I do too), make it a good thing. Buy OM-D, GH3, D7100, or even better, wait 2 months for the new OM-D. Rebels, G5, D3200 etc are all plastic junk, intentionally crippled in many ways.

I respect your opinion on the fact that all the others are plastic junk. I don't know if they are, but I can definitely agree with the fact that many things are intentionally crippled in many ways. A classic example is the light bulb, I can't remember if it's still running but the original light bulb ran for decades unlike our current ones.

Well, my first camera doesn't need to be the best camera, or a good camera, just a decent one. It simply needs to provide me with a good memory/experience. Not saying your recommendations will not, I'm just saying even for those plastic junks, I'm sure I'll find my ways of having fun with it. Then there's also the other thing. I tried to keep it a lower budget instead of going on a spending spree as a beginner. I go by the motto of one step at a time.

Anyways, thanks for your input. Considering that lenses are interchangeable, I will take note of Olympus, Panasonic, and Nikon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow