How to navigate to next photo after zooming into a photo in playback mode on NEX-7 /wo zooming out?

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
kaiser soze
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Re: How to navigate to next photo after zooming into a photo NEX-7
In reply to RedDevilDan, Jun 18, 2013

The problem with wants and needs of this sort is that there literally is no end to them. I do not share the sentiment that others have expressed regarding the menu structure and the intelligence of the person who designed it. Personally I do not like a menu structure that has myriad branches, because then I cannot remember where everything is. Most cell phones had that problem until recently, and so did most cameras. If you pick all the leaves off a tree you can arrange them all into another tree, or you can arrange them into a few rows. I prefer a few rows. I have seen posts here where one person in one post complained about not having some esoteric capability available in the menu and then complained about the menus being too long and also about the various settings being distributed over several different menus. Three whines, each in conflict with the other two.

When viewing an image in the enlargement mode, you can use the control wheel to adjust the magnification, and the rocker points to move the magnifier. You can also delete the picture while still in enlargement mode, but other than that, the only other thing that you can do (from what I see in my notes) is return to single-image viewing by pressing soft key A, labelled with a big X.

Presumably you would want to return to single-image viewing implicitly when you navigate to the next image. The software specs for the NEX-7 are no doubt enormous. I would guess perhaps a thousand pages, maybe more. I agree that this is something that could have been done, but how many things are there that fall into the same category? Is what you are asking for really that important? Is it really that much of a hassle to press a button to return to single-image viewing mode?

On the one hand, I do not want to be an "apologist" who jumps all over someone who mentions things that annoy them about a product that they purchased. There are lots of people who do that, and who do it in a very aggressive manner, for just about any product you can think of. As far as I am concerned people who do that are jerks. But on the other hand, I'm just not convinced that the annoyance that you have identified is significant. I think it is one of those things where someone realizes that it would have been possible, in the software, to do something that wasn't done, and draws attention to it. How do you quantity something of this sort? I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10 where everything that might conceivably be asked for is mapped to this scale that represents relative importance, and such that the distribution of such requests is uniform on that scale, where would this fall?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow