D800 Still Delivers! Dynamic range and amazing sharpness.

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Photos thread
pipee
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Re: It's so easy to sling mud from the side ...
In reply to Shaun_Nyc, Jun 18, 2013

There are things that warrent very valid criticisms and it is not because we just like to sling mud.

The biggest issue is the OP used a misleading title on a gear forum to blatantly promote his business. The photos he links do not show anything about the D800, especially with the heavy processing which mutes the the DR he was meant to demonstrate.

I am also a professional wedding photographer. While I congratulate the OP for producing such well executed images with high technical proficiency, it is not what I would give my clients nor what I want for my own wedding. Main problems being wildly inconsistent processing and lack of emotion or story telling.

Some tone conversion choices are just plain bad in my opinion. For example, there was a perfectly fine photo of a young couple on a modern looking blue backdrop. Rather than bring out the colours and youthfulness of the photo, the colours were muted like retro instagram filters, the dress turned from white to yellow and skin tones look unnaturally dull.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow