Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Doug R
Senior MemberPosts: 1,468
Like?
Re: Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.
In reply to Jen Yates, Jun 17, 2013

Jen Yates wrote:

gdourado wrote:

But would the potential hassles be worth it?

No way. Having run a hackintosh (not the first time) for a while while waiting for the retina macbooks to first come out I will say definitely not.

Too much hassle. Yes it's 'easier than ever' but that's only until something goes wrong and then you find all the standard Mac ways of 'things just working' go out of the window.

Running a hackintosh is only slightly more hassle than running a windows PC, but running a real Mac is a lot LESS hassle than running a windows PC.

Either run windows on PC hardware or run OSX on Mac hardware (or run Windows on Mac hardware).

Please don't try and run OSX on PC hardware. You'll be fine UNTIL something breaks and then you'll regret it.

What went wrong while you were recently running your Hackintosh? On mine the only components that don't run natively under OSX are the sound and ethernet both could if I desired be replaced with parts that are native for a total of $20 at witch point even updates to the OS wouldn't be a concern.

-- hide signature --

Doug

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow