Lenses: Did they get it right??

Started Jun 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,386Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji for portraits?
In reply to digicosmos, Jun 17, 2013

digicosmos wrote:

So what I am hearing is that Fuji successfully attracted you, despite not having portrait photographers as their main marketing target. They must be doing something right, correct?

Like I said, I bought X100, X-Pro1, X100s only because of their OVFs. Then got X-E1 just to try out new stuff. Their strategy so far has been highly successful - they attracted other photographers than street. Now they are about to the real deal portrait lens. I don't see what is wrong with their strategy.

Yes, for sure, I am using Fuji and have sold all my Nikon gear, had Canon 5D MKII and a Nikon D800 to play with and decided to sell all and stick with the Fuji. Sensor wise I have no issues, the 60/2.4 terribly slow still, although better after the firmware upgrade, but all there is at this stage in AF lenses for portraits.

Let's just say I wouldn't have been unhappy if ZEISS had released a true 60/1.4 or 75/1.8 or 90/2.0.

But they didn't instead there is now a 12, 32 and then the next one a 50/2.8 Macro ... *sigh* You are saying that NOW they are about to the real deal portrait lens. Now as in 2014, right?

I guess you are right, the nailed it!

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow