ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,204Gear list
Like?
VF-4 is a Revelation
Jun 17, 2013

Being middle aged and presbyopic, the tiny usable rear display on the EPM2 has been the one drawback to that particular camera for me, so I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the VF-4.

I had had a VF-2 when I had my EPL1 a couple of years ago, but I found the image a bit small and it always gave me a headache after using it a while.  (Tried the VF-3, too, and it was worse for that).  So, it was with some trepidation that I opened up the VF-4 when it came this morning, and put it on the camera....

Well, this EVF is FABULOUS.  The viewable area is absolutely HUGE, and seems to be, so far, less headache inducing (it must have a higher refresh rate than the VF-2 and 3).  Color matches the rear display perfectly, and it works phenomenally well in bright sunlight even with the EVF brightness turned down a couple of notches (in conditions when you can barely see the rear display even at full brightness).

Yeah, it's expensive.  However, it totally transforms this camera from a competent little portable to a tiny, serious photography tool.

If you were thinking of getting an EVF....don't hesitate.  This one is great.

As an added bonus, if this is the EVF they are going to be putting in the next OMD's, then we are in for a treat...

I have not tried it on fast moving objects yet.....I rarely shoot them, so others will have to give you a report on that.

Oh, and it's big but not much larger than the VF2, and still very light in weight.  It  looks ok on the camera, surprisingly enough, although I do wish they had had a silver one (I have a silver camera ).

Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow