Skin colour in 24MP DX cameras

Started Jun 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
kgbruce01
Senior MemberPosts: 1,245
Like?
Re: Skin colour in 24MP DX cameras
In reply to deVista, Jun 17, 2013

You are in luck! With your digital camera you are 100% in charge of the 'skin tones'. Are the 'skin tones' not to your liking? Then drive the camera and make it produce what you want.

Any camera can have 'good skintones', none have 'bad skintones' - only bad photographers who don't control the parameters while shooting and in post. Good luck.

deVista wrote:

I moved to a Nikon D90 because it produced healthy looking white persons skin (when compared to the pale looking skin my Canon produced) without the need for processing.

I am now going to move to a 24mp body, but need to keep the size and weight to that associated with the DX range. However, I have noticed that the D7100 produces a more dead colour in the beige-tan colour ranges and therefore presume that the D5200 would be a better choice (from the perspective of how healthy my subjects would look).

Can anyone confirm that I am on the right track or offer a link to sample images of Caucasian/white people for Nikons?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow