Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
surrephoto
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Re: Continuation of my Nikon D4 assymetrical AF saga Part III
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, Jun 17, 2013

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

It is difficult to comment in detail.

I like your image, despite the camera not been level.

The way autofocus is set differs between the D3s and the D4 and it does take some getting used to. Some get used to the differences in a few minutes and some take a little longer.

Nikon said your equipment is in tolerance. Specifically D800 (I know it is not your camera) 142 to nil seem to have posted "complaint images" on this forum using the camera in a way where accurate AF may not happen. Either (unlike many complaining) you have images that show a fault, or you do not. Nikon imply you do not.

Yesterday I took 110 photographs of cars moving at 30 mph. Two, which had poor detail for AF to lock on, were unsharp. The remainder were good to extremely sharp.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Hi Leonard, Agree that the tuna pic could be more level but i was most interested in filling the entire feame with as many tasty maguro carcasses as possible.

Just moments ago nikon hong kong sent me a FB message saying that they are back on the case and will contact me once possible.

I do not usually like your fuhrer style comments regarding choice of focusing charts & test inmages but i will be taking your comments as advice since nikon does use that specific line chart for focus test. I've played with many lenses and conclude that 50 1.4D is a great lens for this test due to CA & sharpness properties and you can easy judge a left or assymetrical AF problem on various bodies while utilising the 50 1.4D. The standard test for this problem for the D800 & also various maintenance test for many pro bodies also involves a custom calibrated 50 1.4D based on my knowledge.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow