Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
BirgerH
Contributing MemberPosts: 851Gear list
Like?
Re: Unfortunate
In reply to MikeInIndy, 10 months ago

MikeInIndy wrote:

wlad wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

Thats correct - which means, that the fully tax is paid by the customer - which was the hole idea.

None of the taxmoney are going to the manufacturer or to any of the resellers in between.

Every part of the chain, exept the consumer, can subtract the paid tax, meaning that they will only pay their part, and always get that from the next part in the chain ending up with the consumer paying.

Its also causes, that there will be VAT of the profit in every part, and that this VAT will be accounted to the state, Again paid by the last part.

The Vat will then NOT be a cost to the goods for the manufakturer and will not distort competition, domestic anyway.

The system was invented in Denmark, I think in 1966 in the meaning af cooling down the, at that time, rising consumption of specifically imported goods bought for money, we didn't have. In Denmark it started with 9%, and only on goods, but is escaleted to today 25% and on (mostly) everything.

We have had it ever since, and exported the idea to the rest of the European Union.

BirgerH.

..and it also proves that we actually get the 2 year warranty period "for free" , since the "extra" money does not go to the manufacturers or merchants to cover the costs of the additional year of warranty (compared to the US).

It'd be nice if you two would stop making up assertions that I didn't make. What I did say was "In the US we pay a small sales tax that is given in full to the government, some of your VAT money is kept by the merchant to offset taxes etc paid on the goods to get them to the point of sale." I didn't say they pocket the money, I said just what you agreed with the other poster about, the tax offsets previous taxes. Here in the US those taxes ARE PART OF THE PRICE, the end consumer doesn't get a VAT lump sum tax that makes its way back up the food chain, items are taxed at each step and that is just part of the price at each step. You can't just say "oh well VAT is a tax so your goods cost more" when our goods prices include several of the taxes being paid by that VAT.

-- hide signature --

-Mike

Yes, and sorry if I don't quite understand you, but NONE of the VAT Money is giving to the Merchant to offset other taxes or other costs.

My hole amount at 20% of the resellers Price will go to the state. (Thats the Price excl.+25% VAT)

If there are other taxes (import i.e), they will be included in the resellers Price and will be added 25% of VAT.The VAT will be added to every duty, tax and profit and every other cost inbetween. (Cars is excluded - the VAT will be before some very high taxes for registration).

I don't see any difference to the sales-tax you are mentioning.

Again, I'm sorry if I do misunderstand your point, then I'm just explaining.

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow