Continuation of my Nikon D4 assymetrical AF saga Part III

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,391Gear list
Like?
Re: Continuation of my Nikon D4 assymetrical AF saga Part III
In reply to surrephoto, Jun 17, 2013

It is difficult to comment in detail.

I like your image, despite the camera not been level.

The way autofocus is set differs between the D3s and the D4 and it does take some getting used to. Some get used to the differences in a few minutes and some take a little longer.

Nikon said your equipment is in tolerance. Specifically D800 (I know it is not your camera) 142 to nil seem to have posted "complaint images" on this forum using the camera in a way where accurate AF may not happen. Either (unlike many complaining) you have images that show a fault, or you do not. Nikon imply you do not.

Yesterday I took 110 photographs of cars moving at 30 mph. Two, which had poor detail for AF to lock on, were unsharp. The remainder were good to extremely sharp.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow