Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Good one.
In reply to fad, Jun 17, 2013

fad wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

I want every aspect of the lenses I purchase to be as defect free as possible. As another poster mentioned, pricing controls a person's attitude towards such attributes. If all lenses were free, we wouldn't be having this debate.

The financially-challenged should just "own" their plight and quit clogging these forums with false arguments. For example, as a landscape shooter, medium format digital is what I really should be shooting for capturing detail but the pricing is beyond what I can spend (a Lotto win notwithstanding). I'm not going to sit here, put on airs and justify my chosen format on the basis of technical excellence when cost is the primary deterrent to moving on and upward.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

Fair enough, but only for landscape.

For street, I leave my most expensive lenses home 95+% of the time for lenses that are smaller or have a wider zoom range or focus faster. Medium format would be useless for me.

And for landscape, at the highest level, the cost of medium format would be nothing compared to the cost of travel and the time needed to work out and wait for the best shot possible. And I suspect a tripod would do more good than the quality of the lens and sensor. No?

A superior lens on a tripod will yield a superior picture than a mediocre lens on a tripod.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow