Started Jun 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dylan Johnson
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Used 1d II vs Canon 50d vs 7d
Jun 17, 2013

So tomorrow I'm going to go and possibly by a used but in good condition 1d Mark II. It was less than 25,000 actuations on it and everything seems to be working fine. Don't think it comes with most accessories though. I know it has a battery, and charger but not sure what else. I can pick it up for $450 CDN + tax.

I currently shoot with a 50d and grip. I shoot a lot of different things from people to wildlife, but I want to try more sports as well. I hear the 1d mark ii has really good AF performance. I'll also be out in who knows what kind of weather shoot outdoor events.

I'd be selling my 50d and grip for $550 and getting to 1d as my 1 and only camera. Do you think this is a good idea? I know it'll take some time to get use to the different controls on the 1d, but as for AF performance, IQ, etc, how does it compare to the 50d? Should I just keep my 50d instead?

Another answer would be saving up longer and getting the 7d which I don't know how it really compares to either of them.

I just want some opinions based on the info I've provided. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Canon 50d gripped, 70-200 f2.8L IS USM, 50mm f1.8, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 430ex II, Carry Speed FS Pro Sling Strap

Dylan Johnson's gear list:Dylan Johnson's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow