Canon 16-35 L II on a 1100D body

Started Jun 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Throgmartin
Contributing MemberPosts: 789
Like?
Re: Canon 16-35 L II on a 1100D body
In reply to richiemccaw, Jun 17, 2013

richiemccaw wrote:

I wrote a while ago regarding a wide angle lens for my brother's 1100D body. My options are still open but I'm leaning towards a 10-22mm.

On a related note, I have been thinking of getting a 16-35L II as a replacement walk around short zoom. This is mainly based on a few considerations. First of which is that I am looking keenly at getting a 6D (hopefully used) in the forseeable future so I want to minimize my APSC lens investment.

Second is that given my semi-limited budget, I would prefer to get a 16-35L II and maybe the 10-22 for the 1100D rather than get a T4i or 60D to go with the 10-22.

Anyone has experience using this particular lens on this budget body? I have gone through a couple of pages on the merits of this but am trying to see whether anyone has tried such a combo before.

Thanks.

I used the 17-40 and crop bodies and liked it.  The 16-35 II is a different animal in terms of cost though and is a touch shorter.

Most on the board will recommend the 17-55 if you want a faster normal lens.  There are 3rd party options that are well though of too.  Sigma and Tamron's (the non-VC) version are generally liked by their owners.

If you don't think you will stay with the 1100D long then I'd suggest sticking with the kit lens.

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow