LR 5 installation question

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
goanna
Contributing MemberPosts: 621Gear list
Like?
Re: LR 5 installation question
In reply to JudyN, Jun 17, 2013

JudyN wrote:

Uninstalling 3 and 4 would not delete any of your data. Your preferences might go, so set up LR 5 the way you want it while you still have 4. Plug-ins will have to be reinstalled or the plug-in files moved. At least in previous upgrades. (I don't have LR 5 because I don't want to give Adobe any money right now.)

Thats odd Judy, I have never had to reinstall plugins. Plugins are normally kept here

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\modules

and so are not specific to new versions of LR - when LR installs it finds the plugins with no problems.

The Nick Collection Resides here C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection and LR 5 copied the "edit in" settings across during installation.

Re your data, A Lr uninstall wouldn't delete either your catalog or your imges, but you do know where it all is and have it backed up, right? (My husband just lost a drive a few days ago and his backup was not quite up to date. So I got to spend $50 on a recovery program - luckily it would still spin up - and recover the files for him. So yes, disk driveds do die. And I believe although they are cheap and wonderfully large, they are not as reliable as they used to be.)

-- hide signature --

Judy

goanna's gear list:goanna's gear list
Sigma DP2 Quattro Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow