Nikon D5100 vs. D5200

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shunda77
Senior MemberPosts: 1,640Gear list
Like?
Re: Nonsense
In reply to cmvsm, Jun 16, 2013

cmvsm wrote:

So by your logic, everyone should just stick with film and forget digital because so many other great photographers got along just fine without the new tech years ago right? Your logic is ridiculous.

No, my logic is sound, the straw man you just constructed is ridiculous.

Well done.

Regarding the AF system, the D5100 is the same as the D90. Ever try to manually manipulate focus points on a D90's 11 point system? Didn't think so. Leaves quite a bit to be desired compared to a 39 point system when quick or creative changes are needed.

Gee, I guess all my D5100 shots must be blurry and out of focus then.

They're not.

Typically, I would agree that most people never use even a fraction of what their DSLR is capable of, including myself, but in this case, you are incorrect.

In this case, I am correct that $200 spent on extra glass for the D5100 will do immeasurably more for an individuals photography that an occasionally useful 39 point auto focus system.

The fact of the matter is that the D5200 lacks other features that you really need to get the most out of the 39 point AF system anyway.

It is a brilliant marketing strategy that has some practical application, but it's far more minor than people that just purchased the darned thing would like to admit.

It's primary advantage is for the Nikon marketing team in out specing the Canon 700D...oh and giving D5200 owners bragging rights.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow