RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Crevasse
Regular MemberPosts: 250Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii
In reply to Toccata47, 10 months ago

Our daughters are 20 and 21. I have thousands of photos of them and their friends from birth to the present. Some were taken with film SLRs and film compact cameras, while the recent ones were taken with digital SLRs and digital compact cameras. The overwhelming majority of my photos did not require sports-level AF. I haven't been paying quite as much attention to young kids as I used to, but am I to understand that kids today are in constant, erratic motion so that only the fastest, best-tracking AF will do? I mean, how active and fast are these kids?

Maybe it's just me, but my favorite photos of my kids are when I catch them in a quiet moment and they are unaware that they are being photographed, or when I place them in the context of an environment or activity.  Few such images require sports-level AF. At least, not in my experience.

My recommendation to the OP is that he get the camera he is most likely to have with him and use.

Chris Crevasse's gear list:Chris Crevasse's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow