ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MVDH
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
First prime buy for NEX6: 35F15 or 24mm Carl Zeis Sonnar
Jun 16, 2013

Hi All,

I'm a geginner new to photography and plan to buy a NEX-6 complete with 16-50 mm kit lens next week. Besides quality pictures I'm also interested in the video shooting capabilities of the NEX-6 and plan to use the camera for photography and video.

Next month I'll travel to Asia and will have access to relative cheap lenses for the NEX and plan to get some good quality lenses as a starter set.

I plan to get the SEL 18200 zoom lens (old version) and select one good fast prime lens for low light conditions.

I'm still in doubt which prime lens I should get as the first "must have all round" prime lens: the SONY CARL ZEISS Sonnar E 24mm f/1.8Z or the SONY SEL 35F18.

I leaning towards the 35 mm as I guess that this would be the most versatile / standard focus length to start with, but on the other hand I can get the 24mm Zeiss lens at a very good price in Asia at just 60% of the price it will cost here in Europe, so I might regret myself if I let an opportunity go by. (if I don't like the Zeiss I can always re-sell it in Europe with some profit..:-D)

I'm interested to hear your advise/opinions on which lens you would select if you were to select one prime lens in addition to the SEL18-200 zoom lens.

Thanks.

Michel

MVDH's gear list:MVDH's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow