ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
rem177
New MemberPosts: 2
Is the 7D outdated? Which Canon to buy?
Jun 16, 2013

Hey guys,
Thanks in advance for reading and responding. I was dead-set on upgrading to a fuji x100s. As much as I like it, I've realized it doesnt really suit my needs for shooting cars/racing.
I have an older rebel with a good amount of accessories, so I'd prefer to get another canon. As of yesterday, I thought i had it narrowed down to the 7D or the 60D. On one hand, the 7D is all-around faster (dual processor), has superior auto-focus, is made of better materials, and can be had for around $1300 now. The 60D uses the same sensor, but is lighter/has a cheaper feel, has a swivel screen, longer battery life, and is only $700. The appeal to me there is just having more funds left over for glass, I already have a few lenses but nothing quality.
I know both of these cameras arent exactly new, either. I'd say my monetary limit would be right at where the 7D is currently at, so the 6D is out of the question. While I'm kind of interested to see what the 70D will offer, I havent seen any solid info regarding specs/release date, and I've been looking for awhile now so I'm a little antsy. So I guess what I'm getting at is: Are 7D owners finding themselves wanting or needing more nowadays? Is the several hundred dollar difference justifiable in the 7D (AF, speed)? And are there any other cameras I should be considering?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow