Veteran MemberPosts: 5,387Gear list
Like?
Re: TG2 focus problem
In reply to Jefftan, Jun 16, 2013

Jefftan wrote:

BorisK1 wrote:

Jefftan wrote:

my problem is missed focus in low light

I am talking about night pictures with street light. Very often almost every picture

is that normal? Others waterproof camera that I have used by Panasonic and Sony don't have this problem

Does the camera show that it acquired focus? In other words, as you half-press the shutter, do you see a green rectangle on the screen?

Yes of course. That's why it is frustrating. I have used lots of camera since 2006 and this is the first camera that is having this problem

I am still not sure whether this camera is defective and debating whether taking it back to Olympus

I am the kind of person that believe if it is not broken don't fix it

You seem to be making a pretty good case that it IS broken.  If you're getting the green indicator that says it's focused, and then get a picture that is out of focus, I'd say you have a good reason to have Olympus repair or replace it.  And the fact that this is your 1st camera in 7 or 8 years that is having this issue is reason enough to send it back.  You shouldn't have to accept that kind of performance in any camera.  Just my thoughts.

-- hide signature --

Camera gear in profile.
Ken G.
http://www.pbase.com/kgilbertsen/

Ken G.'s gear list:Ken G.'s gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon D300
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow