History & Future of the dSLR

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
myseventhlife
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: History & Future of the dSLR
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, 10 months ago

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

Perhaps the biggest investment you could make for yourself is to stop buying equipment altogether. Because no matter what you do, in a decade a D800 camera will be something so pathetic and useless, you'll wonder why people even talked about some utterly insignificant difference between the D800 and D800e. It won't matter, and you wouldn't be caught dead shooting that old piece of junk anyway, either of them. So you could save yourself 10s of 1000s of dollars and just stop now.

It's almost impossible to think about, isn't it? I can't stop. I know that. I enjoy it too much to stop. But I also understand that in a decade (possibly and even probably less), I'm really not going to care at all anyway. I'll be using something far better by then.

In a decade or so you will simply be using something that you will have paid top dollar to get anyhow and that will soon, in turn, become obsolete as well. Evolution will never stop, so either enjoy life and photography with what is available right here right now (which is NOT THAT expensive anyway) or you will always be waiting for the right moment to get something cheap and insuperable which will nevertheless never come. Then, and while life always goes on irreversibly fast, you will be regretting passing by the equipment that is available to us at this very moment - and that equipment is more than enough to allow us to express ourselves creatively via that utterly exciting art that is called photography.

Regards

www.fzerophotography.eu

myseventhlife's gear list:myseventhlife's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow